- Virtual Tasting: Bruichladdich Micro Provenance returns with Chloe Wood
- Hosted By Whisky + Alement
- What Whisky Scotch Whisky Bruichladdich Whisky & Alement Single Malt Whisky Whisky Events Events Virtual Events secondary-feature
- When 26 June 2020 from 06:30 PM to 07:30 PM (Australia/Sydney / UTC1000)
- Where Online
- Web Visit external website
- Add event to calendar iCal
Set yourself up at the dining table on the 24th of June at 6:30pm with 5 x 30ml drams from the 'old lady of Islay', Bruichladdich.
Connect virtually with the distillery, and taste through the full spectrum of what Bruichladdich is capable of producing from their three different spirit styles. Under the guidance of Asia-Pacific ambassador, Chloe Wood, discover the rebirth of the Micro Provenance series; a web exclusive and exploratory range of single cask bottlings, that have been rather silent as of late! These releases are hand-selected by Jim McEwan & Adam Hannett, to showcase the complexity and pedigree of Bruichladdich's individual casks.
Join us, as we connect directly to Islay and enjoy 5 incredible expressions of Bruichladdich single malt whisky. Catch-up with Chloe, and then catch-up with the community in our The Botanist, and Fever-Tree sponsored chat-room.
Flavour profiles of the distillery:
Bruichladdich: Lemon cream, barley sugar, white flowers and demerara sugar.
Port Charlotte: Salted caramel, honey soy chicken chips, brown sugar, smoked ham and warm tarmac.
Octomore: Sweet peat, rock pools, damp tweed, allspice and vanilla.
What's included in the pack?
A tasting mat so you can keep track of your drams!
- The Classic Laddy - 50%
- Port Charlotte 10 Year Old - 50%
- Port Charlotte Cask Expression MRC 01 - 59.2%
- Aussie Exclusive: Bruichladdich Micro Provence, Single Syrah Cask - 62.7%
- Octomore 10.1 5 Year Old Ex-American Oak - 59.8%
- The Botanist Gin + Fever-Tree Mediterranean Tonic (see below)
Whisky & Alement have always strived to offer premium resources for whisky education, as well as opportunities for community connection. So, for half an hour after the conclusion of the event, we welcome you to turn your microphone on and touch base with the community for our inaugural catch-up. We miss being the catalyst for friends getting together, so please, relax with friends and enjoy a palate-cleansing G&T thanks to our sponsors; The Botanist Gin and Fever-Tree.
After the tasting:
- Bruichladdich products will be available to purchase after the tasting via our online shop
How do I join the event online?
You will receive a link via email 1 day prior to the event. For any queries, please contact Miranda at email@example.com
Pickup & Postage:
- Pickup of Bruichladdich tasting packs is available free of charge from Whisky & Alement at 270 Russell Street, Melbourne and you will be notified via email when your pack is ready for pickup. The venue is open for pickup on Wednesdays and Fridays between 1pm and 6pm.
- Express Post of Bruichladdich tasting packs is available for a flat fee of $9 per pack.