- The Virtual Whiskey Show
- The Virtual Whiskey Show is a celebration of Bourbon, Rye, American and Canadian whiskies, plus some Australian Ryes.
- What Whisky Events Whisky Events American Whiskey secondary-feature Australian Whisky The Whisky Show Virtual Events
- When 18 April 2020 (Australia/Sydney / UTC1000)
- Where Online and in the TWL App
- Web Visit external website
- Add event to calendar iCal
The Virtual Whisky Show has been announced!
While sadly a number of other whisky events are being cancelled understandably, we over at The Whisky Show have decided that getting together virtually and sharing a dram or two is a great way to stay connected and positive during these unprecedented times.
As an Australian first, we’ve relaunched the Whiskey Show format to be entirely virtual.
$75 Ticket gets you:
- A sample box of whiskies that you normally get to try at the show delivered to your door
- An App full of great info and videos about each whiskey
- A livestream event will kick off the event (more info on this soon)
- A Bonus bottle add-on: for an extra $34 you can secure a show exclusive bottling of Woodford Reserve Malt (250 bottles only avail)
Be quick. Tickets available here!
You will taste some of the finest whiskies from popular brands including Woodford Reserve, Baker’s, Legent, Wild Turkey, Old Forester, Koval, Millstone, Shelter Point and many more*.
Virtual Show sounds great. So, how does it work?
The Whiskey comes to you! Being a Virtual Whisky Show means you can sit back and sample many different whiskies from the comfort and safety of your own home.
Each ticket holder will receive a box of 10ml whiskey samples delivered to your door, equal to the number of whiskies you would have had the opportunity to try at the Show.
Please note: We are aiming to ship the sample packs to you by 18 April, 2020 but will confirm closer to the date. Appreciate everyone’s patience and understand as there might be some logistical delays
Being a community of whisky lovers, we encourage you to participate in a number of online activities to enhance your experience when sampling your whiskey. You can even get together with your local whisky club as a small group to enjoy them together.
The Whisky Show App - your guide to The Virtual Whiskey Show
The app will be configured to guide you through the sampling of your whiskies, with a short video describing each one, and a link to purchase bottles at special show prices. That’s right! Try, rate and buy - all from your living room. Welcome to the future!
There is no pressure on you to go through all of the whiskies in a set time, as you can progress at your own pace, and visit the videos via the app at your leisure. You can do this on your own or with friends who have also purchased Show tickets.
Details for how to download the app will be announced soon. Like last year, there will be an iOS and Android version available.
Ok I'm in. How much are tickets and what do I get?
Each ticket costs $75.00 and you get:
- a box containing dozens of 10ml whiskey samples delivered to your door, equal to the number of whiskies you would have had the opportunity to try at the Show
- Your own Whisky Show Glass - great whiskey deserves a great glass to drink from
- The Whisky Show App filled with all the info and videos you need about each whiskey (download link will be shared ahead of virtual show launch)
- Bonus Add-on: The Whiskey Show Exclusive bottling - see below for how to get this rare bottle of Woodford reserve malt. (Bottle not included in basic ticket and must be purchased as an add-on).
Bonus: Purchase the Whiskey Show exclusive Woodford Reserve Malt - 1 of 250 bottles
You have the option of including a bottle of the Whiskey Show exclusive bottling of a Woodford Reserve Malt into the price of the ticket.
Single entry per session with bottle: $109.00*
Single entry per session without bottle: $75.00*
This pre-prohibition style whiskey has a mashbill of 51% malted barley, 47% corn and 2% rye. It is yet to be released in Australia, and the RRP will be $87.00.
Just 250 bottles are on offer for this event, with a limit of one bottle per ticket. The bottles will be shipped to a delivery address of your choice alongside your sample pack which is included in your virtual ticket price.
Get your tickets here!
*A booking fee and delivery fee may apply
THE FINE PRINT:
- Ticket purchases must be at least 18 years old. ID is required if you look under 25 years of age for delivery.
- Tickets are non-refundable. Please make your selection carefully
- The organisers reserve the right to change the exhibitors and the list of whiskies. Please check the Whisky List App for updates
- A booking fee and delivery fee may apply, and will be added at the checkout
- We are aiming to ship the sample packs to you by 18 April, 2020 but will confirm closer to the date. Appreciate everyone’s patience and understand as there might be some logistical delays