- The Macallan Editions Online Whisky Event
- An evening of great drams and stories from National Brand Ambassador Andy Buntine
- What Whisky Events Virtual Events Whisky Events The Macallan Scotch Whisky Single Malt Whisky Destination Cellars secondary-feature
- When 27 May 2020 from 07:30 PM to 08:30 PM (Australia/Sydney / UTC1000)
- Where Online
- Web Visit external website
- Add event to calendar iCal
Destination Cellars in partnership with The Macallan Distillery invite you to an evening of great drams and stories from National Brand Ambassador Andy Buntine, as we launch into a vertical tasting of three Macallan Edition releases, all from the comfort of your own home . This tasting event will go live at 7.30pm Wednesday May 27th.
The 'Editions' are an annual limited edition series that explores our approach to whisky making and exposes the detail of its creation; showcasing the absolute skill of our Whisky Makers. - The Macallan Distillery
This is another Distant Socializing Event, where we will send you out the sample bottles and then later on we will send you an invitation to join the Zoom meeting. To participate all you will need is your computer or phone. Or you can enjoy the samples in the solitude and sanctity of your home at any time.
Here's a line up to make you salivate:
1. The Naked Grouse will set your taste buds right. A must in every back bar, this is a superb value-for-money blended whisky. Matured in first fill sherry casks, with malt whisky from Macallan, Highland Park, Glenrothes and Glenturret. Bottled at 40%abv.
2. Edition 3 release in Macallan's annual wood-focused series called on the talents of Master Perfumer, Roja Dove to provide his remarkable sensory knowledge in describing the distinctive aromas peculiar to oak casks. Whisky maker, Bob Dalgarno subsequently used Roja's articulation of aromas to help shape the final character of Edition No.3. In short, the approach they took was the same as creating a great perfume. The final result is a combination of six American and European oak casks (first-fill Hudosa butts, American oak; European and American oak refill butts; first-fill Tevasa butts and puncheons made from European oak; first-fill bourbon hogsheads; first-fill Tevesa hogsheads; and first-fill bourbon barrels.) By all reports, this is another excellent addition that promises lifted floral notes and a deliciously, sweet, fruity flavour profile. Bottled at 48.3% abv
3. Edition 4 was aged in a combination of seven different cask types including European-American Oak 2nd refill butts, European-American Oak 2nd refill hogsheads, European Oak first fill Diego Martin Rosado butts, American Oak first fill Vasyma hogsheads, European Oak first fill Tevasa butts-puncheons, European Oak first fill Jose Y Miguel Martin butts and European Oak first fill Tevasa hogsheads. Bottled at 48.4%abv and released in 2018.
4. Edition 5 focuses on the spectrum of colours the whisky blender has at her disposal. This blend incorporates 1st fill bourbon barrels, Refill hogsheads and butts, 1st fill hogsheads and butts from the famous Tevasa cooperage, 1st fill butts from the Vasyma cooperage and 1st fill hogsheads and butts from Hudosa cooperage. Bottled at 48.5%abv
The Macallan Edition Series was launched several years ago to great acclaim. The Macallan Edition No. 5 is a homage to the diversity and complexity of natural colour, celebrating Macallan’s commitment to natural whisky. It follows Editions No 1 and No 2, focused on cask influence; Edition No 3, which explored the impact of aroma; and Edition No 4, which was focused on structure.
Limited amounts of stock will be available to purchase at great prices to attendees on the night (online or in-store purchase/pick up)
Tickets/packs are $60 per person for in-store purchase (or Click & Collect) or $67.95 including postage (calculated at check out). Your pack consists of four 15ml sample bottles & a tasting mat.
Where: Wherever you are
When: Wednesday evening May 27th at 7.30pm for the live feed (we will send the Zoom link soon). We hope to have the session recorded so people can enjoy the drams when they are free to do so. Or you can tuck in to them as soon as you get them - it is up to you.
Questions: 0362313400 or email@example.com