- The Aussie Spirits Auction
- A charity auction dinner celebrating Australian craft spirits. 100% of funds raised will go to Rural Aid for bushfire and drought relief.
- What Events Whisky Events Australian Whisky Sydney Whisky Australian Distilleries Australian Spirits secondary-feature
- When 28 February 2020 from 07:00 PM to 11:00 PM (Australia/Sydney / UTC1100)
- Where Dockside Cockle Bay Wharf Balcony Level Sydney, NSW 2000
- Web Visit external website
- Add event to calendar iCal
EAT. DRINK. BE MERRY. BID. DONATE.
Join us for a delicious three course gala dinner and a once-in-a-lifetime charity auction. Your ticket includes:
- Canapés & drinks on arrival
- Main course & dessert
- Beer, wine & soft drinks
- A hero menu of craft spirits from Starward, 5Nines, Wandering Distillery, Cedar Fox & Four Pillars (neat or with Fever-tree mixers)
- A curated list of premium craft spirits tastings showcasing fire-affected distilleries including WildBrumby, Karu, Reed & Co, Corowa, Craft Works & Joadja.
- A whisky photographic art & barrel exhibition
- Musical entertainment
- Exclusive access to bid on the Auction’s most unique craft spirits & experiences. Preview here.
- An opportunity to meet with distillers & other craft spirit fans
100% of both tickets sales & auction proceeds will go to Rural Aid!
Bookings of 10 or more receive a special discounted price. Dietary requirements can be catered to upon ticket checkout. Dresscode: cocktail/business attire.
About Rural Aid
Rural Aid is one of Australia’s largest rural charities. They supply crucial financial assistance, water and counseling to farming communities in times of natural disasters like bushfire and drought.
About the Venue
The Dockside Group has generously donated their Dockside space and catering for our event – this means even more funds go directly to Rural Aid! Dockside is ideally positioned within Cockle Bay Wharf, just a moment's walk to the Sydney CBD. With sparkling water views stretching over Darling Harbour, Dockside blends function and space with a reputation for culinary excellence and exceptional service. Incorporating Dockside Group’s 30 years’ experience and deliciously fabulous hospitality, Dockside's team of passionate chefs present guests with delectable freshly-plated cuisine served with a fine selection of beverages.
We couldn’t do this without:
Auction Gala Sponsor – Manildra: a diverse agribusiness bringing the finest Australian food and industrial products to the world since 1952.
Venue Sponsor - Dockside Group: family owned hospitality business with venues and restaurants at many first-class waterfront locations in Sydney.
Event Partner – Wright Event: a corporate and big industry event planner and producer extraordinaire based in Sydney.
Beverage Sponsors: Starward, 5Nines, Wandering Distillery, Fever Tree, Cedar Fox and Four Pillars
Tasting Sponsors - The Community Spirit: A collaboration between Nip of Courage and Spirits & Cocktails Australia. They purchase spirits at full retail price directly from distilleries experiencing hardship as a direct result of the bushfires. This stock is then donated for use in industry bushfire relief fundraising efforts like the Auction.
PR Partner - Zilla & Brook: a leading creative communications agency across the arts, design, food, beverage and lifestyle sectors. Plus, thanks to Damian Kelly.
Barrel Partner - Round Oak Barrels: bringing Australians some of the highest-quality new and used wine and spirit barrels from around the world.
Auctioneer Partner - Di Jones: this experienced and trusted team of real estate agents and property managers offer sellers and investors outstanding results and service.
Floral Partner - The Fernery: this flower-obsessed team loves creating happiness through edgy, innovative and dreamy floral design and event styling.
MC - Scott Fitzsimmons: a whisky and spirits specialist and buyer at Oak Barrel and the founder of online publication Whisky Ardent.
A/V Partner - Innovative Production Services: creative design and latest technology to provide superior, reliable and all-inclusive AV, lighting and technical production solutions for corporate events.
Communications & Copywriting Partner – DrinkMelbourne: Writes words. Drinks things. Not necessarily in that order.
And of course, the passionate, pioneering craft spirits distillers of Australia!