- St Paddy's Day Whiskey Event
- At Destination Cellars
- What Whiskey Whisky Events Whisky Events Hobart TAS Irish Whiskey Slane Method & Madness Teeling secondary-feature St. Paddy's Day 2020 Destination Cellars
- When 17 March 2020 from 06:30 PM (Australia/Sydney / UTC1100)
- Where Destination Cellars - 24a Barrack St Hobart
- Web Visit external website
- Add event to calendar iCal
Destination Cellars invites you to a whiskey event to celebrate all things great in the Irish Whiskey world. Join Irish Whiskey expert John Halton for a night of stories and great drams on Tuesday evening March 17th at 6.30pm in the upstairs Dram Room at Destination Cellars.
It's Autumn and it must be time for our first whisk(e)y event for the year! We will be looking at the trio of Method & Madness whiskey produced by the iconic Midleton Distillery and their continued commitment to experimentation and innovation; the delightful Slane Triple Cask; a unicorn dram of Teeling Single Cask Sherry Cask #10820 14 year old 57.8%: plus a very special guest bearing a new dram!
We will be drinking the following:
- Teeling Single Cask Sherry Cask #10820 - This 15 year old(almost) whiskey was bottled at 57.8% and has not been seen on the market for a couple of years. Can't wait to crack this one!
- Slane Triple Cask Irish Whiskey - made using whiskeys drawn from a trio of casks - virgin oak casks, seasoned casks (which previously contained Tennessee whiskey and bourbon) and Oloroso Sherry casks.
- Method & Madness Single Malt - The Single Malt Irish Whiskey laid down in 2002 has been initially matured in ex-Bourbon barrels, imparting flavours of “malt and biscuit”, and in a first for the category, has been part-finished in French Limousin oak for one year to add a “lighter, floral aromatic character”.
- Method & Madness Single Grain - Single Grain Irish Whiskey Finished in Virgin Spanish Oak has been matured in ex-Bourbon barrels and finished for 12 months in toasted, virgin Spanish oak from Galicia. The process adds “complexity, cask character and a spicy note” to the liquid.
- Method & Madness Single Pot - In a first for Irish Whiskey, Batch 2 of this special Single Pot Still Irish Whiskey has been matured in a combination of ex-Oloroso Sherry and ex-Bourbon barrels before being transferred to chestnut casks sourced from the Isére region in France. Method and Madness reinforces Irish Distillers’ “continued commitment” to experimentation and innovation at the Midleton Distillery has created a unique whiskey aged in chestnut wood, bourbon and sherry casks, adding complex layers of exotic spices, cinnamon toast and tropical fruit.
- Mystery Guest Mystery Dram ....
Tickets are $55 per person and must be booked in advance as seats are limited.
Stock of the Method & Madness range and Slane will be available for purchase to attendees. Finger food and good times will also be provided.
Tuesday 17th at 6.30pm at Destination Cellars, 24a Barrack St Hobart.
Questions: 0362313400 or firstname.lastname@example.org
* Your order number will be your booking number. You will not need or be issued a ticket, as we have your booking details. We will touch base with you again a day before the event. Thank you for booking with Destination Cellars.
**refunds are given with up to 24 hours notice