- Japan vs Scotland Whisky Tasting
- The only match where everyone is a winner
- What Whisky Scotch Whisky Japanese Whisky Events Whisky Events QLD Gold Coast The Scottish Prince secondary-feature
- When 18 March 2020 from 06:30 PM (Australia/Sydney / UTC1100)
- Where The Scottish Prince - Shop 27/1176 Gold Coast Hwy, Palm Beach QLD 4221
- Web Visit external website
- Add event to calendar iCal
Join us Wednesday 18th March as we put the Old School & the New School head to head, in a winner takes all battle to bottom of the glass!
Hosted by Dan 'Whisky' Woolley, we will taste 3 Japanese single malts, then 3 Scottish single malts, all paired with delicious regional appetizers by our Head Chef Tetsuya Sugai. You will give each whisky food pairing a score out of 5, and at the end we will finally know for sure... Is Japanese whisky truly that good, or do the Scottish still produce the best single malts in the world???
Yakitori Chicken Skewer (GF): Brow torched thigh fillet with yakitori glaze on fresh pineapple. Ichiro's Malt, Chichibu Distillery
Crispy Fried Calamari: Tossed with 5 spice salt and tomato chili dip. Nikka Miyagikyo Single Malt
Grilled Wagyu Beef Asparagus (GF): White asparagus wrapped with thin sliced wagyu beef with spicy apple-sesame sauce. Yamazaki Distillers Reserve Single Malt
Cullen Skink (GF): Lightly smoked cod in creamy potato soup. The Balvenie 12yo Double Wood, Speyside
Free range Chicken Escabeche (GF): Egg coated fried chicken marinated in white wine vinegar seasoning with house tartare. Highland Park 12yo Single Malt, Orkney
Medium Rare roasted Lamb Rump (GF): Roasted and sliced rump on kumara mash served with chocolate sauce. Laphroaig Triple Wood, Islay