- Adelphi Tasting With Alex Bruce And Connal Mackenzie (Sold Out)
- We are absolutely delighted to welcome Alex Bruce back to the bar!
- What Whisky Events Whisky Events Adelphi The Elysian Melbourne Scotch Whisky secondary-feature Single Malt Whisky
- When 12 February 2020 from 06:00 PM to 07:30 PM (Australia/Sydney / UTC1100)
- Where The Elysian - 113 Brunswick St, Fitzroy, Victoria 3065
- Web Visit external website
- Add event to calendar iCal
We are absolutely delighted to welcome Alex Bruce back to the bar, and together with him is Connal Mackenzie (the group's sales manager). They will be presenting to us a brand new range that has just been released. This will be the very first tasting of this range in Australia!
Adelphi needs no introduction really, but here is a brief history. Adelphi was originally a distillery that was established back in 1826. The name was revived in 1993, by Jamie Walker when he established his independent bottling company. Since then, the company has bottled numerous casks, many of them being spectacular. Alex Bruce is the managing director and comes from a long whisky lineage, and together with whisky writer, Charles Maclean, they are constantly looking for great casks to be bottled. They are pretty strict when choosing these casks too, reportedly rejecting more than 90% of the casks they receive. Connal has recently joined the company and is in charge for the global group sales, and is a true gentleman.
So join us in this special tasting, and have the rare opportunity to meet Alex & Connal and pick their brains about the company's operations, and the whiskies they bottle.
The whiskies that will be on tasting are:
- Adelphi Laudale Batch 3 – 12yo 1st Fill Sherry Cask from Speyside, 46%
- Ardnamurchan 2019 AD Spirit – Sherry Cask, 57.4%
- Adelphi Teaninich 34yo Bourbon Cask, 44%
- Adelphi Fusion "The Glover" – YET TO BE RELEASED BOTTLING
- Adelphi Benrinnes 2009 10yo 1st Fill Sherry Cask, 55.9%
- Adelphi Caol Ila Australian Exclusive 13yo Sherry Cask, 52.6%
When: Thursday, 12th of March 2020
Time: 6pm - 7.30pm
Price: $50 per person