Stagg Junior is a young and robust bourbon featuring many of the characteristics of one of Buffalo Trace’s most sought after and award-winning expressions; the George T. Stagg.
This multi-award 2018 release is Batch #10 and is made with the same mash bill as the George T. Stagg. It’s uncut (bottled at cask strength), unfiltered and definitely not for the wide eye beginner. Bottled at 126.4 proof, it’s comprised of barrels aged roughly for eight to nine years. The Buffalo Trace Distillery only releases two batches a year and it’s very rare to find these bottles on regular Liquor Shop shelves so secure yours today.
A highly collectable and uncompromising spirit that is getting very difficult to find.
- 126.4 Proof, 63.2% ABV
- USA Release
- Region: Frankfort, Kentucky. USA
- Bottler: Buffalo Trace Distillery
- Release Date: Spring 2018
Producer’s tasting notes
Master Distiller Harlen Wheatley from the Buffalo Trace distillery describes that taste as, “rich, sweet, chocolate and brown sugar flavors mingled in perfect balance with a bold, rye spiciness. The boundless finish lingers with hints of cherries, cloves and smokiness.”
- Gold Medal: 2018 (Best of Category, Bourbon-Overproof) Los Angeles International Spirits Competition
- Double Gold Medal: 2018 (San Francisco World Spirits Competition)
- Trophy Finalist: 2018 (“Tried & True” – 96 points – Ultimate Spirits Challenge)
Gold Medal: 2018 (Denver International Spirits Competition)
In partnership with The Old Barrelhouse