Whisky* can be an expensive habit. Although it is hard to beat buying a full bottle of love** for yourself, and whisky clubs and bottle splits are a thing too, sometimes it's nice to venture out in search of destinations that professionally serve and supply our favourite juice.
Whether it's for the atmosphere, the killer cocktails (whisky or otherwise(!?!?)), the change of scenery or the access to drams not currently on pour at home, the following venues could be just what the doctor ordered - although likely NOT your hepatologist - remember, always drink responsibly.
This list is by no means exhaustive, or 100% accurate necessarily, but more of a handy resource to help us (and hopefully some of you) find a place to settle in for a nice relaxing pour of whisky. We will update this list and the information on each venue as and when more information becomes available. We would love to hear from any venues or people like you who patronise them about your experiences, good, bad or otherwise. Cheers!
*Whisky/Whiskey as appropriate / *Love also = Whisky/Whiskey
For any that we've missed, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll get it added.
- Bruny Island House of Whisky | Specialising in Tasmania’s rare & collectable single malts and home to Trappers Hut Single Cask releases & Seclusion Limited Release Gins, both exclusive to our cellar door.
- Dirty Pennies | Map | Dirty Pennies Bar brings the best independent booze producers to your newest local. With a regular rotating menu you can drink well, eat casual and enjoy the company of mates. Pop in for lunch, grab a bottle on your way home, or settle in for the night.
- Evolve | As a luxury lounge bar, Evolve offers a sophisticated and intimate hospitality experience on Hobart’s historic waterfront. Its ornate design, rare spirits list and engaging service are befitting of Hobart’s most enviable wharfside location, within the MACq 01 Hotel building.
- Gold Bar | Gold Bar is a cozy speakeasy style bar hidden in the back of an old mill on Hobart's Waterfront. They have a real passion for Australian craft spirits, with an impressive collection of Australian whiskies and gins with a focus on Tasmanian products.
- Lark Distillery | Situated on the Hobart waterfront, Lark Cellar Door and Whisky Bar offers the opportunity to taste Tasmania’s finest whisky and other distilled spirits in a warm and inviting atmosphere. The bar ranges over 150 premium malt whiskies.
- Society Salamanca | Map | Welcome to Society. Located in Salamanca, Hobart. Specialising in fine cocktails, gin and whisky. Crafted here in Tasmania and abroad.
- The Salamanca Whisky Bar | Map
- Kingsway | Map | Tasmania's best Wine Whisky and spirits and beer, Launceston's best musicians and artists.