Whisky* can be an expensive habit. Although it is hard to beat buying a full bottle of love* for yourself, and whisky clubs and bottle splits are a thing too, sometimes it's nice to venture out in search of destinations that professionally serve and supply our favourite juice. And if you're in or around Radelaide this is your go-to guide to finding rowdy or respectable spots to try nice whisky!
Whether it's for the atmosphere, the killer cocktails (whisky or otherwise(!?!?)), the change of scenery or the access to drams not currently on pour at home, the following venues could be just what the doctor ordered - although likely NOT your hepatologist - remember, always drink responsibly.
This list is by no means exhaustive, or 100% accurate necessarily, but more of a handy resource to help us (and hopefully some of you) find a place to settle in for a nice relaxing pour of whisky. We will update this list and the information on each venue as and when more information becomes available. We would love to hear from any venues or people like you who patronise them about your experiences, good, bad or otherwise. Cheers!
*Whisky/Whiskey as appropriate / *Love also = Whisky/Whiskey
For any that we've missed, drop us a line at email@example.com and we'll get it added.
Adelaide - CBD
- Baddog Bar | Map | If the light's on, we're home.
- Bank Street Social | Map | Bank Street Social is an underground bar in Adelaide’s West-End with a big focus on local. We serve up fresh pizza packed with regional produce, killer cocktails and the best in local SA beer and wine. The back-bar holds an enviable sipping-list of premium gin and whisky from Australia and around the world. And on the weekend you’ll find one of the best dance-floors in town with DJ’s spinning up house, disco and party jams till late.
- Clever Little Tailor | Map | Quality liquor & delicious bar snack food
- Hains & Co. | Adelaide’s most awarded small bar, Hains & Co is a nautically inspired Gin & Rum bar with a penchant for Whisky & Cigars. We’ve dropped anchor in the middle of Adelaide’s CBD, serving fine libations with exceptional hospitality – an institution for anyone that is serious about their drinks.
- Maybe Mae | Map | Cockail bar in Adelaide's West End. You will find us in the basement of the tunnel between Peel St. and Leigh St.
- Malt & Juniper | Map | A spirit focussed whisky & gin bar
- NOLA Craft Beer & Whiskey | Map | NOLA is a New Orleans inspired bar and eatery located in the heart of Adelaide, with a focus on Creole and Cajun soul cuisine. We boast a curated selection of Independent Craft Beers on our 16 taps, Whisk(e)y collection of over 200, and a banging cocktails selection. Come past on Thursday night to watch some live local talent jam out on the upstairs stage, or just pop in anytime and soak up the good vibes.
- Rob Roy Hotel | Map | Whisky done well.
- Suzie Wong Bar | A full on speakeasy style whisky and cocktail lounge in the basement of Red October with the biggest collection of whisky in South Australia at around 500 bottles
- The Bibliotheca | A small library-themed whisky and cocktail bar combined with a book exchange, perfectly executed classic cocktails and very solid spirits collection
- The Collins Bar | Map | The Collins Bar is a contemporary cocktail bar located at the heart of the Adelaide CBD. Modern, stylish, and sophisticated, The Collins is an exclusive escape from city life that stands for exceptional service, a relaxed lounge atmosphere, and cocktails to excite, intrigue and amaze. There’s always something marvelous being mixed behind the bar, and something captivating happening in front of it.